Please include your CV along with a covering letter.
Blue Prism is an international Independent software vendor based in the North West of England and is the global market leader in software robotics and the pioneer of Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Using Blue Prism, many leading Blue Chip organizations are delivering significant productivity improvements by transitioning front and back-office processing to a Virtual Workforce, driven by Blue Prism software robots.
Blue Prism is rapidly expanding globally with offices in UK, USA, India and Australia.
To support our expansion we are seeking an experienced and professional individual to join our Product Management team as a Technical Author. As a Technical Author you will establish an understanding of the Blue Prism product and then design and write documentation and collateral to effectively explain the features and capabilities to our users, customers as well as Blue Prism sales and delivery teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all product-related collateral that is provided to internal and external audiences. They will have ownership for identifying the requirements for documentation; selecting the appropriate level of collateral required and working with the respective subject experts to gain an appropriate understanding to create or update the appropriate documentation. This is will include product overview documentation, data sheets, installation guides, user manuals, knowledge base articles, slide decks and in-product help. The candidate will also be involved in the scoping, drafting and maintenance of User Stories and Product Backlog items. A prior awareness and familiarity with Agile software development practices will be advantageous, although training will be provided.
This role is ideal for an individual who has a strong level of understanding of technology with a passion for articulating technical concepts to a range of audiences using a clear and concise approach.
The role will be predominately based in our Newton Le Willows office. Flexible and remote working options can be considered. Any such arrangements will be agreed based on the candidate’s circumstances and needs of the business
The successful candidate will be a strong team player who enjoys challenges within a fast-paced environment, applies sound judgment and enjoys working both individually and as part of a team.
- Own the product collateral that is shipped with the product, available via the user or partner portal, or available to customers on request.
- Work closely with the product management, product development, product marketing and product support teams to understand features and functionality, to identify documentation requirements and to produce appropriate collateral.
- Work closely with customer-facing teams to identify requirements for documentation that will support the partner on-boarding and sales cycles.
- Manage the content used within collateral and generate professionally authored material and media as required to meet the needs of the intended audience.
- Determine the appropriate communication methodologies based on the content for each product feature, announcement, and product and release information.
- In conjunction with members of the Product Management team, author and review proposed User Stories that will be developed against in an upcoming product development sprint.
- Review discussion topics and questions raised via online forums and support cases to identify topics that could or should be answered by product documentation.
- Collaberate with the Product Marketing team to advise and provide the appropriate level of technical information to support broader marketing campaigns.
- Experienced author of technical documentation aimed at various audiences.
- Strong experience working with content management software (ideally Maadcamp Flare) to author and edit content; and generate product documentation.
- Experience with briefing and collaborating with experienced marketing teams to produce accurate marketing collateral that is reflective of the features and functions that are provided.
- Ability to work closely with the sales teams, consultancy team and internal teams to recognise requirements and identify opportunities to improve the collateral offering.
- Strong attention to detail, particularly in aligning collateral with the corporate brand policies, and ensuring appropriate use of language and graphics.
- Experience in applying commercial awareness of the potential sensitivity of data when authoring collateral.
- Good understanding of appropriate channels/medium based on the type of content and the intended audience.
- Solid understanding of, and familiarity with, common technical concepts when deploying enterprise software.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with Software Developer and Quality Assurance team members.
- Excellent English language skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Good understanding of enterprise software deployment models
- Familiarity with common technologies (Microsoft Windows (Server and Desktop), MS SQL, SSL, Encryption, Certificates, Active Directory, Virtualization, WCF)
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices, including Scrum and Kanban
- MadCap Flare 11+
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience using tools such as Yodiz, Trello, Jira, Team Foundation Server
- Prior employment experience as a Technical Author or Business Analyst
Please include your CV along with a covering letter.