The Innovation Business Analyst / Project Manager serves to document the business / technical requirements and assist in developing project plan within the Blue Prism Innovation team focused on applying and evolving digital and technology innovations to solving complex business and technical challenges.
This position will assist in managing project timelines and delivery of digital assets with portfolio and enterprise impact, closely collaborating with other key Blue Prism stakeholders, as well as cross-disciplinary leaders and teams within Blue Prism partners and ecosystem.
This position will assist in understanding the business needs and technical requirements that impact future state architectures for emerging enterprise initiatives/programs.
The role will collaborate across multiple business functions to discover, define and gain consensus on enterprise direction, integrations, and future state architecture. Ability to formulate evaluations for approaches, document discussions in scope / out of scope, resource impact analysis, demonstrate capabilities through proof of concepts/value (PoCs/PoVs) and technology explorations.
This position functions as both Business Analyst and Project Manager roles working with all levels of the organization to develop an agile innovation project plan to accelerate innovation strategies and digital assets to our customers and partners.
This position will contribute to delivering digital asset prototypes/products in response to enterprise business priorities for Blue Prism. Advances technology innovation by delivering new thinking and transformative experiences to solve difficult and complex business challenges for Blue Prism.
In summary, the purpose of the role is to focus on the following Innovation team goals:
- 1) Assist in identifying new markets/industries to leverage Blue Prism Digital Workforce
- 2) Collaborate with industry thought leaders / creative engagement models to promotion Blue Prism brand and market position
- 3) Assist in developing new commercial models to grow Blue Prism’s revenue and market penetration
- 4) Create and build digital assets and innovations to solve complex business & technical challenges
- 5) Collaborate and share with internal Blue Prism teams and enable external Blue Prism partners of new capabilities and innovations
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong project and organizational management skills that inspire team confidence and respect.
- Proficiency in the human-centered design process (Design Thinking)
- Proven ability to build and foster relationships.
- Solid ability to manage multiple stakeholders and influence the direction of product design & development.
- Ability to problem-solve and leverage resources to optimize regional/departmental capabilities
- Ability to present and deliver compelling content and information to internal and external audiences (C-level Executives, Directors / Managers, Functional / Technical audiences), as well as listen openly to feedback, with the end result of achieving the best work
Technical & Creative Skills
- A technical background (in software ideally Blue Prism)
- Calm under pressure with a drive for innovation excellence
- Proven experience of Microsoft Projects, SharePoint, Teams, Jira, a JQL wizard.
- A deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and current Agile methodologies (release trains, Kanban + Scrum)
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance in a rapidly changing environment
- Thinks "good" is better than perfect
- Experience in identifying tasks and activities that could impact deliverable dates against major initiatives.
- Experience in preparing and communicating project status as required to the leadership team
- 5+ years' project management / consulting experience with technical skills
- 3+ years' experience with agile or lean software
- Experience in robotics delivery, development and solution architecture; including Robotics (e.g. UIPath, BluePrism, Automation Anywhere), business process management, workflow, self-service data analytics solution, OCR, machine learning (e.g. Python, Azure ML)
- Experience in agile software development (e.g. Kanban, Scrum)
- Core skills in IT-enabled transformation delivery
- Ability to work with process owners to translate requirements into business requirements/use cases
- Degree level qualification or equivalent by qualification or experience
- Relevant technical accreditations and/or professional project management qualifications (preferably a PMP or CSPO)
- Blue Prism ROM Architect Accreditation HIGHLY DESIRED.
Your Responsibilities & Core Competencies:
- Collaborate with Innovation Team develop digital / technology insights & assets, strategy and innovation recommendations for highest priority business initiatives.
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities to prototype solutions; building financial business cases, strategic rationale, functional/technical requirements, and new case use opportunities.
- Develops and champions innovation tools, methodologies, and approaches to cultivate ideas and opportunities that are more diverse, unique, drive quality and speed to market.
- Collaborate with Innovation team members to manage and deliver multiple projects for the organization; capabilities to include:
- Framing, structuring and scoping complex and ambiguous business challenges
- Conducting business / financial analysis to quantify opportunities and identify scalability
- Gathering insights and fact base to inform potential opportunities and solutions
- Synthesizing trends, consumer insights, competitive performance, MI analytics
- Facilitate and conduct ideation sessions
- Developing concepts and customer value propositions
- Design and delivery of proof of concept prototypes in market
- Establishes a liaison relationship with leadership in key areas that are critical to developing successful new programs that impact multiple channels and functional areas. A network of internal partners is established to gain cross-functional leadership perspectives and drive collaboration. Functional areas may include:
- Sales / Revenue Team
- Solution Engineering
- Marketing / Product Marketing
- AI Labs
- Professional Service
- Global Operations
- Regional Leadership
- Serves as liaison for external innovation partners establishing and cultivating relationships with leading technology innovators, providing insights and perspectives for evaluating and selecting partners and managing engagements to ensure delivery of innovative prototype recommendations
Please Note - No Relocation Offered for this role
Blue Prism Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.