We are seeking an Internal Communications Manager with exceptional writing and communications skills to deliver the internal voice and stories of Blue Prism—what we say to our employees and how we say it. As the owner of the editorial strategy and content for our companywide intranet, you will work with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure we provide the most relevant information, taking a holistic approach across internal and external content. You will demonstrate outstanding writing expertise across multiple platforms, be flexible, well organized, thrive on getting things done in a fast-paced environment, and be passionate about telling stories that engage and inspire.
Reporting to the Vice President, Worldwide Communications, this role sits within Blue Prism’s Global Marketing organization. The Communications team is comprised of internal and external communications, industry analyst relations, social media, and social impact. It serves as the voice of the organization, manages reputation, and connects employees to strategy, mission and culture.
Our ideal candidate
The ideal Internal Communications Manager will have 6+ years’ experience developing and implementing creative communications programs in a global environment that engage, align, and inspire people. Working collaboratively with Human Resources, senior management, and other key stakeholders across the business, this innovative individual will develop organizational messages and set the cadence for keeping employees informed. This position will also lead and manage specific change communication initiatives in a way that supports, builds and harnesses our culture and brand.
- In alignment with the Vice President, Worldwide Communications and Human Resources, shape and drive global internal communications strategy and plan for Blue Prism
- Point of contact/advisor on internal communications globally to bring the plan to life through clear, consistent, creative and compelling content (written, video, audio) for consumption across multiple channels (email, the weekly newsletter, intranet, internal social channels)
- Work directly with executives and business leaders to develop and deliver best in class change communications programs (create content to help them to deliver key messages with impact)
- Plan and manage town hall meetings and all-employee webcasts (bi-monthly cadence); create the agenda, communicate to employees, organize presentation (messaging, talking points, Q&As), coordinate with IT to present, record, and distribute replays
- Lead the intranet steering committee -- build and maintain relationships with key internal contacts across the company to ensure that all groups are represented, and employees receive the most relevant and encompassing content
- Work closely with IT on all technical aspects of the employee intranet experience
- Serve as the employee story point of contact, soliciting submissions, developing content and maintaining an editorial calendar for weekly newsletter, emails, Yammer and Intranet
- Act as a roving reporter for content; finding and producing the stories that matter to employees
- Work directly with the in-house creative agency to brief-in design, photography and film projects/initiatives to be leveraged internally
- Monitor and measuring employee feedback on communications, making recommendations and improvements accordingly
- In coordination with external communications (PR), the Internal Communications Manager will also formulate an internal response to crisis communication situations
- 6+ years of experience in corporate communications, with an emphasis on internal communications, preferably in a fast-paced, high-tech company
- Solid record creating, leading and delivering impactful internal communications strategies and plans aligned to business objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal and change communications best practices
- A metrics-driven individual with solid project management skills and proven ability to set, monitor and measure internal communications effectiveness
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees; commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Strong speaking and presentation skills (including PowerPoint proficiency) with ability to learn business issues to communicate them in simple and effective ways across a variety of channels
- Ability to capture the executive’s voice and elevate their content and presence
- Outstanding organizational and internal event management skills (including town halls and internal webcasts)
- Experience deploying, managing and optimizing digital communication tools including, but not limited to, intranet (and best practice in usability), internal social media tools, mobile app technology, survey tools, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products; familiarity with SharePoint, Yammer, and Interact (intranet platform) a plus
- Photography, video development, production, and editing skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or a related field required
- Ability to work remotely, independently and collaboratively
- Light travel required
- Role-based in Austin, Texas
*No relocation offered for this role
Blue Prism is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.