Blue Prism® is a pioneer, innovator and market leader in providing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software solutions. The company delivers the world’s most successful Digital Workforce. A “Digital Workforce” of software robots that automate mundane, repetitive tasks while meeting the most demanding IT environments, where security, compliance and scalability are necessary to succeed.
Blue Prism® provides a scalable and robust execution platform for best-of-breed AI and cognitive technologies and has emerged as the trusted and secure RPA platform of choice for the Fortune 500. Billions of transactions and hundreds of millions of hours of work are executed on Blue Prism robots from renowned companies including Aegon, BNY Mellon, Commerzbank, IBM, ING, Maersk, Nokia, Nordea, Procter & Gamble, Raiffeisen Bank, Siemens, Westpac and Zurich. For more information about Blue Prism (AIM: PRSM), visit www.blueprism.com and follow the company on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Blue Prism® is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their Global Customer Support team supporting customers and partners across multiple regions and geographies with the following duties:
- Manage technical and application issues from our customers and partners within our Support System on a daily basis, including verifying issues, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible.
- Provide technical support on automating processes to customers, partners, sales engineers and post-sales consultants via telephone, email, web and where required, on-site visits whilst promoting the recommended best practice as created by Blue Prism; an expert in the use of the Blue Prism product and in the creation of an enterprise class digital workforce within client organisations.
- Reproduce product behaviour to determine the root-cause of the problem and to find work-arounds and solutions.
- Ability to ensure actions are followed-up in a timely manner with attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with difficult customer situations.
- Coordinate with other teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Author, edit, publish and maintain an on-line knowledge base of known issues/solutions.
Responsibilities will involve troubleshooting, analyzing technical problems and working with customers and Blue Prism developers to resolve technical and application roadblocks. You will ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, you will manage communications with customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Ideal recruits into this team will be experienced developers with the following:
- A strong grounding in server configuration, networking, network security, access and identity management, information security and encryption, application interaction and Windows processes, and other technical infrastructure topics.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to methodically solve business and technical problems using innovative approaches.
- Proven experience working with virtualization products (VMWare, Citrix) and both private and public (AWS, Azure) cloud technologies.
- Background in software development/delivery.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft technologies (Windows, .NET, VB, C#, SQL Server, Internet Explorer, Active Directory, IIS, etc).
- Previous experience with automation and/or orchestration tools.
- The ability to work independently or in a group, remotely or on-site, with technical and non-technical staff at all levels of partner and client organizations.
- Strong communication skills with people at all levels of experience and technical ability.
- An aptitude to liaise with senior level customer representatives in a rational and measured manner to communicate progress, issues, risks and solutions.
- A willingness to travel to customer sites.
Full training will be provided on the company’s software solution and delivery approach.
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- College diploma or bachelor's degree in a technology-related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 4+ years of industry experience in supporting enterprise software components.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to troubleshoot currently supported Windows operating systems (servers and clients).
- Strong Windows administration skills with the ability to diagnose Windows system issues using the Windows Event Viewer logs.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of virtualization technologies and cloud platforms (e.g. Citrix, VMware, Hyper-V, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud).
- Thorough understanding of and ability to use and troubleshoot the Microsoft Office suite (specifically MS Excel & Outlook).
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networks and security, LAN/WAN communication and configurations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills are essential.
- A high degree of analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving abilities.
- Good formal documentation skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative and respond to peaks in demand.
- Strong relationship management skills, establishing empathy with customers through insight into their business drivers and expectations.
- SQL programming skills and knowledge of SQL Server.
- Proficiency in concepts such as logical operators & data types.
- Exposure to basic programming skills with knowledge of VB/.NET/C# an advantage.
- Awareness of Data-interchange technologies (XML/Soap/JSON).
- A second language of either Spanish or Portuguese would be an advantage.