The Technical Innovation Manager serves as a Blue Prism Technical Subject Matter Expert within the Blue Prism Innovation team focused on applying and evolving digital and technology innovations to solving complex business and technical challenges.
This position will lead technical transformation projects with portfolio and enterprise impact, closely collaborating with other key Blue Prism stakeholders, as well as cross-disciplinary leaders and teams within Blue Prism partners and ecosystem.
This position will lead the planning and implementation to define future state architectures for emerging enterprise initiatives/programs.
The role will lead and work across multiple business functions to define and gain consensus on enterprise direction, integrations, and future state architecture. Ability to formulate evaluations for approaches, lead discussions in scope / out of scope, demonstrate capabilities through proof of concepts/value (PoCs/PoVs) and technology explorations.
This position functions as a Senior Blue Prism Technical Architect role working with all levels of the organization to develop an overall architecture strategy and providing technical leadership throughout the project lifecycle. Ability to support / direct contract staff who may be assigned to assist in the solution architecture development process is required. The successful candidate will work with platform architects, data management, security architects and infrastructure functions to develop end to end enterprise solutions.
This position will contribute to delivering digital asset prototypes/products in response to enterprise business priorities for Blue Prism. Advances technology innovation by delivering new thinking and transformative experiences to solve difficult and complex business challenges for Blue Prism.
In summary, the purpose of the role is to focus on the following Innovation team goals:
- 1) Identify new markets/industries to leverage Blue Prism Digital Workforce
- 2) Collaborate with industry thought leaders / creative engagement models to promotion Blue Prism brand and market position
- 3) Assist in developing new commercial models to grow Blue Prism’s revenue and market penetration
- 4) Create and build digital assets and innovations to solve complex business & technical challenges
- 5) Collaborate and share with internal Blue Prism teams and enable external Blue Prism partners of new capabilities and innovations
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect.
- Proficiency in the human-centered design process (Design Thinking)
- Proven ability to build and foster relationships.
- Solid ability to manage multiple stakeholders and influence the direction of product design & development.
- Ability to problem-solve and leverage resources to optimize regional/departmental capabilities
- Ability to present and deliver compelling content and information to internal and external audiences (C-level Executives, Directors / Managers, Functional / Technical audiences), as well as listen openly to feedback, with the end result of achieving the best work
Technical & Creative Skills
- Deliver end to end solution architecture for all assigned projects by working across multiple business functions to define future state and gain consensus.
- Collaborate with business functions to define and gain consensus through POCs on the future state application scope.
- Own Blue Prism automation strategy and best practices, planning and delivery perspective for responsible initiatives/programs.
- Technical consultant for application project teams by partnering closely with the other technology groups to develop the end to end solution architecture including application, data, integration, security and infrastructure domains.
- Implement Next Generation Architectures (Cloud, Micro Services, Serverless, etc.) that will enable applications to provide high availability/performance, seamless integration, and user-driven reporting/analytics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to others outside of the department and to executive management.
- Participates in vendor (RFP) and selection processes for new IT systems and enhancements.
- Conducts business unit architecture and innovation planning and road mapping responsible initiatives /programs.
- Oversees IT application risk analysis and mitigation planning.
- Develops system improvement plans and sustainability frameworks.
- Maintains documentation of solution throughout the project lifecycle: Solution Architecture Document (SAD)
- Experience leading projects to deliver against major initiatives.
- Exceptional ability to design new concepts
- 10+ years of enterprise architecture / delivery / consulting experience
- Experience in robotics delivery, development and solution architecture; including Robotics (e.g. UIPath, BluePrism, Automation Anywhere), business process management, workflow, self-service data analytics solution, OCR, machine learning (e.g. Python, Azure ML)
- Experience in agile software development (e.g. Kanban, Scrum)
- Core skills in IT-enabled transformation delivery
- Ability to work with process owners to translate requirements into technical design
- Degree level qualification or equivalent by qualification or experience (preferably in IT or software development)
- Relevant technical accreditations and/or professional project management qualifications
- Blue Prism Accredited – Developer
- 1+ years of delivery experience
Your Responsibilities & Core Competencies:
- Collaborate with Innovation Team develop digital / technology insights & assets, strategy and innovation recommendations for highest priority business initiatives.
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities to prototype solutions; building financial business cases, strategic rationale, functional/technical reference architecture and operational implications of the new opportunities.
- Develops and champions innovation tools, methodologies, and approaches to cultivate ideas and opportunities that are more diverse, unique, drive quality and speed to market.
- Collaborate with Innovation team members to manage and deliver multiple projects for the organization; capabilities to include:
- Framing, structuring and scoping complex and ambiguous business challenges
- Conducting business / financial analysis to quantify opportunities and identify scalability
- Gathering insights and fact base to inform potential opportunities and solutions
- Synthesizing trends, consumer insights, competitive performance, MI analytics
- Facilitate and conduct ideation sessions
- Developing concepts and customer value propositions
- Design and delivery of proof of concept prototypes in market
- Establishes a liaison relationship with leadership in key areas that are critical to developing successful new programs that impact multiple channels and functional areas. A network of internal partners is established to gain cross-functional leadership perspectives and drive collaboration. Functional areas may include:
- Sales / Revenue Team
- Solution Engineering
- Marketing / Product Marketing
- AI Labs
- Professional Service
- Global Operations
- Regional Leadership
- Serves as liaison for external innovation partners establishing and cultivating relationships with leading technology innovators, providing insights and perspectives for evaluating and selecting partners and managing engagements to ensure delivery of innovative prototype recommendations
Please Note - No Relocation Offered for this role
Blue Prism Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.