About Blue Prism
Blue Prism is an international publicly listed software company headquartered in the UK, with global offices in London, Europe, USA, and APAC. It is undergoing rapid expansion and is the market leader in the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) globally.
Since its listing on the London Stock Exchange AIM market in early 2016, it has grown its customer base to more than a thousand customers with sales revenue, employee headcount and other business metrics also growing at an exciting rate.
Blue Prism operates an indirect sales model, meaning that all deals are transacted through reseller partners, who range from global Systems Integrators such as Accenture, Deloitte, EY and IBM down to smaller, geographically specific, advisory and implementation partners. However, Blue Prism sales and pre-sales professionals will maintain a direct relationship with the major accounts in their assigned vertical markets.
We are now looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant for the UK Public Sector Sales organisation to help develop the connected-RPA proposition for major accounts in the Public Sector (Local Government and/or Health) market. Working closely with the Sales Account Director, the Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant will be responsible for progressing sales opportunities through the sales lifecycle.
Our Ideal Candidate
Pre-sales experience of working with major account sales professionals successfully selling into large enterprise organisations in the Public Sector (Local Government and/or Health) industry.
Understands commercial business drivers but also has technical software and system knowledge.
Enthusiasm and drive to become the pre-sales Local Government and/or Health market expert. Being able to add extra value in a sales scenario by understanding the issues facing today’s local government and health services providers and can evangelise on how Blue Prism’s connected-RPA solution when combined with the Blue Prism Technology Alliance Programme (TAP) ecosystem can address these issues.
Experience of selling in to both Scottish and Irish local governments would be advantages as well as any public sector security clearance.
- Working in collaboration with the Sales Account Directors to define, develop and close sales opportunities in major accounts. Woking with the Blue Prism partners (System Integrators and Channel)
- Discussions with prospects at senior and technical levels and can explain/present how Blue Prism connected-RPA, plus TAP ecosystem where relevant, solutions can help solve the customer’s business issues, especially in the Local Government and/or Health market. Creating collateral – PowerPoints, whitepapers, etc on these solutions
- Defining, and helping to create or at least project manage the creation of end-to-end business solution demos for the Local Government and/or Health market
- Understanding the Blue Prism product in enough depth to answer pre-sales technical questions and provide product demos if necessary
- Maintaining/building knowledge in the Local Government and/or Health market on important market trends and being the company’s pre-sales spokesman on these market issues
- Researching and understanding Local Government and/or Health customer use cases and being able to articulate/present a select a select few of these use cases at a greater depth than the Sales Account Directors
Dimensions to your role
Primarily this role will be working with your sales account directors and pre-sales team members in the Public Sector vertical. However, this role will need to interact with many other roles and departments across the company:
- European and global pre-sales teams
- European and global sales and partner sales teams
- Partner (system integrators and channel) teams
- Professional Services
- Commercial awareness to explain business benefits of software solutions.
- Understand system and software architecture to be able explain scalability, resilience, manageability, security and auditing concepts of enterprise software solutions
- Confidence in using and articulating the role and fit of different categories of software product, such as OCR, BPMS, orchestration, AI, digital front-end channels
- An understanding of the RPA market environment is desirable but not crucial, beyond the ability to converse at a high level in the merits of different technological approaches, and to understand how to apply them effectively at a solutions consulting (rather than technical consulting) level.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely in both face-to-face situations and in presentations
- Understand solution development and delivery lifecycle stages such as dev, test and production. Does not need to know code development but an understanding of coding concepts such as exception handling would be advantageous.
- Confidence to learn how to configure different products so could create an end-to-end process flow using Blue Prism and TAP partner products
- Managing a complex stakeholder environment – ability to build rapport at all levels
- Highly organised and structured thinker with the ability to work consultatively to identify solutions to complex issues and resolve conflict effectively
- Strong team-working ethic
- Ability to self-manage a busy workload in a flexible working culture i.e. dividing your time between clients, partners, Blue Prism offices and your home office.