About Blue Prism
Blue Prism is an international publicly listed software company headquartered in the UK, with global offices in London, USA, Japan, Australia and India. It is undergoing rapid expansion and is the market leader in the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) globally.
Since its listing on the London Stock Exchange AIM market in early 2016, it has grown its customer base more than threefold with sales revenue, employee headcount and other business metrics also growing at an exciting rate.
Blue Prism operates a 100% indirect sales model, meaning that all deals are transacted through reseller partners, who range from global Systems Integrators such as Accenture, Deloitte, EY and IBM down to smaller, geographically specific, advisory and implementation partners.
About Robotic Process Automation
As the pioneer, innovator and market leader in RPA, Blue Prism delivers the world’s most successful Digital Workforce. The company’s software robots automate transactions and improve operational efficiencies while meeting the requirements of the most demanding IT environments, where security, compliance and scalability are paramount. Blue Prism provides a scalable and robust execution platform for best-of-breed AI and cognitive technologies and has emerged as the trusted and secure RPA platform of choice for the Fortune 500.
As Chief Enterprise and Cloud Architect, you will have responsibility for our product and platform Enterprise and Cloud architecture strategy and will lead a small, specialised team of architects in the Technology Strategy and Architecture division of the Blue Prism – which has the responsibility for the current and future reference architectures for the Blue Prism platform. You will own the governance and design authority over changes to the reference architectures for the platform and will proactively guide the team in addressing weaknesses or opportunities to enhance the design. You will work with the Software Engineering team to translate future direction for the Enterprise Architecture strategy for the product into deliverable software architecture design.
You will be able to evaluate the needs of Technology, Product Management, and Engineering teams to highlight and propose high-level solutions that are practical for the short to long term roadmap for the platform, in addition to considering the commercial drivers behind these strategies.
As Blue Prism has a future cloud first strategy, your background and primary focus will be in support of this directive. As such, you will be responsible for leading the transformation of our organisation and application architecture into a cloud native, scalable, resilient and agile architecture by partnering with our delivery organizations, cloud partners (Microsoft, AWS, Google, IBM) and building a more cloud focused community and set of competencies within the Blue Prism organisation. You will stay abreast of the fast-moving cloud space and use that knowledge to develop new cloud architecture patterns and recipes, enabling developers to utilize cloud technologies and capabilities to deliver value to our clients.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are a Senior Technical Leader, with a varied background of Cloud Enterprise Architecture design – preferably with your most active and recent experience being on the Microsoft Azure platform, but with a strong knowledge of others. Ideally you will have experience of Enterprise and Software architecture and will be highly knowledgeable about modern Cloud-based application design principles – such as Micro-services, containerization and auto-scaling. You will have experience of leading a globally dispersed team and will be willing and able to motivate and guide. Your experience as a Chief Architect will include a proven track record of delivering complex Application and Cloud architecture designs. As Blue Prism (and some of your team) is headquartered in the UK, you must be prepared to travel on occasion and to build strong working relationships with the UK based product team.
|· 5 or more years experience in a Cloud Application Architecture role|
· Significant knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
· Experience of bringing offerings to the Microsoft platform (as SaaS, PaaS or Marketplace / Appsource offerings)
· Experience in an Application Development / Software Engineering environment
· Knowledge of Container technologies and platforms such as Kubernetes, Docker
· Developing 12 factor applications and cloud architecture patterns / scaling including Microservices, REST APIs, containerization, etc
· Knowledge of cloud orchestration eg ARM, Ansible, Terraform
· Strong documentation and communication skills (English Language Essential)
· Proven track record of solution design and / or Architectural methodologies (eg TOGAF)
· Broad understanding of industry trends across software development / architecture, cloud operating platforms and data
· Ability to deliver results in a short time and experience working in fast paced high growth tech companies.
· Proven ability to pull a diverse (globally dispersed) group of individuals with different goals together to facilitate, moderate, and influence direction and results.
|Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology|
· Practical experience of other cloud platforms -GCP, IBM, Oracle
· Familiarity with common Windows platform and Database technologies (MS SQL, WCF, SSL, Encryption, Certificates, Active Directory)
· Experience of Virtualization platforms (VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V)
· Experience of Desktop as a service (DAAS) and / or VDI technologies
· Practical knowledge of Robotic Process Automation products and methodology
- Work closely with our developer and application architecture engineering group through pairing activities to address modernization of our applications towards a cloud approach
- Act as the global focal point for our commercial cloud teams and manage expectations and priorities across the relationships and focus back into the product and technical architecture team
- Interact directly with our cloud partners and build strategic relationships to drive opportunities to create closer alignment, offerings and cloud patterns.
- Identify opportunities to document new / common reference architectures, patterns and recipes within the scope of the current application architecture. Use these opportunities to identify gaps and areas to improve.
- Identify areas in application portfolio that represent opportunities for modernization to new cloud architectures by evaluating quality attributes, technology risk, capacity variability, and other factors prioritized by company goals and client needs.
- Stay abreast of evolving developments in the cloud native space in order to adopt key practices and architectures to continuously improve our cloud native capabilities.
- Create knowledge sharing opportunities and develop shared knowledge repository on cloud native architectures, designing and building best in class applications.
- Coach, mentor and enable our developer and junior architecture community empowering them to develop cloud native skills and applications unlocking agility and creating opportunity for innovation.
- Evaluate cloud technologies and services for fit and purpose of use in our application portfolio by evaluating application needs, cost, risk and ability to replace legacy technologies.
To apply, please email Hazel Parrock: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Prism Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.