Blue Prism® is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual with excellent oral and written communication skill to join our team of highly skilled support staff.
Primarily responsible for providing world class technical support to Blue Prism customers and partners, and will be reporting to the Customer Support Manager. As our global customer base expands, the support analyst may also be required to work shift or on-call patterns to provide support for other time zones.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A team player with initiative and ability to be productive without supervision.
- Has experience in support of software products to include derivation of workarounds and fixes.
- Has excellent attention to detail with a passion for quality with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Has the ability to recognize problems, gather facts, analyze information with strong deductive reasoning skills.
- Has the ability to organize multiple work tasks and prioritize them to meet specific deadlines, work under own initiative and respond to peaks in demand.
- Has the ability to quickly grasp and understand new tasks and ideas and to work well as part of a team.
- Possess a strong desire for self-improvement and advancement with a strong and active interest in IT generally.
- Must be ambitious and prepared to commit to a rapidly growing company through a period of considerable expansion.
- Has the ability to work constructively together as a team, sharing ideas and resources.
- Must be passionate about delivering high quality service to customers and partners, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 3+ years of industry experience in supporting enterprise software components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills are essential.
- A high degree of analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving abilities.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to troubleshoot currently supported Windows operating systems (servers and clients).
- Strong Windows administration skills with the ability to diagnose Windows system issues using the Windows Event Viewer logs.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of virtualization technologies and platforms (e.g. Citrix, VMware, Hyper-V).
- Thorough understanding of and ability to use and troubleshoot the Microsoft Office suite (specifically MS Excel & Outlook).
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networks and security, LAN/WAN communication and configurations.
- Good formal documentation skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative and respond to peaks in demand.
- Strong relationship management skills, establishing empathy with customers through insight into their business drivers and expectations.
- SQL programming skills and knowledge of SQL Server.
- Proficiency in concepts such as logical operators & data types.
- Exposure to basic programming skills with knowledge of VB/.NET/C# an advantage.
- Awareness of Data-interchange technologies (XML/Soap/JSON).
- A second language of either Spanish or Portuguese would be an advantage.
- Your primary responsibilities involve troubleshooting, analyzing technical problems and working with the customer and Blue Prism developers to resolve technical roadblocks. You will ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, you will manage communications with customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing customer issues within our CRM system.
- Manage customer support technical issues on a daily basis, including verifying issues, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible.
- Provide technical support to customers, partners, sales engineers and post-sales consultants via telephone, email and the web.
- Reproduce product behaviour to determine the problem root-cause and to find work-arounds and solutions.
- Ability to ensure actions are followed-up in a timely manner and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with difficult customer situations.
- Coordinate with other teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Author, edit, publish and maintain an on-line knowledge base of known issues/solutions.
Blue Prism Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.