About Blue Prism
Blue Prism is an international publicly listed software company headquartered in the UK, with global offices in London, USA, Japan, Australia and India. It is undergoing rapid expansion and is the market leader in the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) globally.
Since its listing on the London Stock Exchange AIM market in early 2016, it has grown its customer base more than threefold with sales revenue, employee headcount and other business metrics also growing at an exciting rate.
Blue Prism operates a 100% indirect sales model, meaning that all deals are transacted through reseller partners, who range from global Systems Integrators such as Accenture, Deloitte, EY and IBM down to smaller, geographically specific, advisory and implementation partners.
About Robotic Process Automation
As the pioneer, innovator and market leader in RPA, Blue Prism delivers the world’s most successful Digital Workforce. The company’s software robots automate transactions and improve operational efficiencies while meeting the requirements of the most demanding IT environments, where security, compliance and scalability are paramount. Blue Prism provides a scalable and robust execution platform for best-of-breed AI and cognitive technologies and has emerged as the trusted and secure RPA platform of choice for the Fortune 500.
As a company Blue Prism values the streamlining and automation of services, and as a development team we employ this ethos through agile practices such as automated application builds, continuous integration and continuous delivery. To support our expansion we are seeking a technical individual to join our growing development team with primary responsibility for the continued development and improvement of the Blue Prism build and deployment process and environments.
The successful candidate will be a team player who enjoys technical challenges within a fast-paced environment, applies sound judgment and enjoys working both individually and as part of a team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- All-round technical skills, with demonstrable programming experience ideally using
build scripting languages.
- Good inter-personal communication skills – able to manage tasks in line with internal and external team expectations.
- Excellent team collaboration attitude and ‘can-do’ outlook.
- Structured and methodological approach. Documentation is kept up to date, software code is released in a structured manner, faults are logged and fixed properly etc.
- A self-starter who finds solutions not problems and is easily able to adapt to new technologies.
- An individual who is constantly looking to improve our processes and tooling though research
- Working with development and QA, proactively build and deploy product environments in readiness for development and QA testing
- Provide enhancements to continually improve our automation of build and deployment
- Contribute to version-controlled build and deploy scripts as part of the continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline
- Investigate and propose improvements to deployment management and configuration management
- Suggest improvements to speed up build and deployment times
- Adhere to the development, QA and reporting procedures.
- Work closely with the QA team to troubleshoot and resolve reported or anticipated environment problems.
- Contribute to continual improvement as part of the agile process
- Windows installation and configuration
- Scripting / Programming knowledge, regardless of language
- Virtualisation (VirtualBox, Hyper-V, VMWare, KVM, Xen)
- Cloud platform experience (preferably Azure, otherwise AWS, GCP, DigitalOcean)
- Enterprise-level Windows concepts; Active Directory Domain Services;
- Linux system experience
- Automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes/Container Service)
- Continuous integration/delivery technologies (Jenkins, VSTS, TeamCity, Bamboo, Gitlab CI/CD)
- SQL Server
- Nuget / Chocolatey
- Windows automation experience
Blue Prism Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.