About Blue Prism
Blue Prism is an international, publicly listed software company headquartered in the UK, with global offices in London, USA, Japan, Australia, India, Germany, France, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai and Sweden. The business is undergoing rapid expansion and is the market leader in the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) industry globally.
Since its listing on the London Stock Exchange AIM market in early 2016, it has grown its customer base more than threefold with sales revenue, employee headcount and other business metrics also growing at an exciting rate.
Blue Prism operates an indirect sales model, meaning that deals are transacted through reseller partners, who range from global systems integrators such as Accenture, Deloitte, EY and IBM to smaller, geographically specific, advisory and implementation partners.
About Robotic Process Automation
As the pioneer, innovator and market leader in RPA, Blue Prism delivers the world’s most successful Digital Workforce. The company’s software robots automate transactions and improve operational efficiencies while meeting the requirements of the most demanding IT environments, where security compliance and scalability are paramount. Blue Prism provides a scalable and robust execution platform for best-of-breed AI and cognitive technologies and has emerged as the trusted and secure RPA platform of choice for the Fortune 500.
Blue Prism is seeking a Globalisation Tax Manager to be based in the UK. The candidate will be a key member of the global tax function, responsible for tax advisory and compliance in relation to our Group’s global expansion. They will represent the tax function as a key member of the Group’s multidisciplinary Globalisation Team, liaising with internal departments and external advisors, researching and advising on tax consequences and ensuring compliance on entry into new geographies. They will be the first point of contact for tax related expansion queries.
Our Ideal Candidate:
The candidate must be able to identify tax-related risks and opportunities on proposed entry into new geographies, analyse options and make decisions, and ensure compliance across multiple geographies. As the business is undergoing rapid expansion, you’ll face challenges that require your insight and analysis to optimise compliance across the group. You must be a self-starter who has excellent attention to detail and a passion for quality, timely delivery.
- CTA / ACA qualified or equivalent experience
- 6+ years exposure to international tax, either in-house in a group with 7+ geographies or within a big 4 or similar environment
- Good understanding of the tax consequences of entry into new geographies, including withholding taxes, PE etc
- Experience in organising, planning and executing cross-functional projects
- Able to develop a vision and execute accordingly, taking into account the risks and benefits of available options
- Keen interest in developing and maintaining technical tax knowledge and soft personal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and solve/research problems both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Goal orientation with attention to details, results and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate tax matters to the interested layperson and garner support for preferred solutions
- Able to build relationships and influence other functional areas
- A strategic mindset, while having the ability to translate strategy into actionable objectives (short, medium and long-term)
- Able to cope with a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes and actions
- Good time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Support and execute the global tax strategy of the Blue Prism Group
- Identify tax-related risks and opportunities on proposed entry into new geographies
- Provide advice to senior management based on expected globalisation and future developments, including advice on cross border transactions
- Ensure compliance on entry into new geographies, coordinating relevant tax registrations and establishing tax processes with the finance function or external advisors
- Research and guide on corporate and indirect taxes, withholding taxes and other taxes globally, liaising with external advisors as required
- Represent the tax function in the multidisciplinary Globalisation Team
- The first point of contact for tax related expansion queries
- Manage and ensure completion of regional tax projects, including the activities of external advisors
- Participate in cross-sector projects as a representative of the global tax team
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge to stay abreast of tax and technology changes and advancements