We are seeking an experienced, Reward Analyst to support the Head of Reward as we rollout existing and new reward offerings globally.
The Reward Analyst will support the design, implementation and delivery of global total reward programs. You will also provide subject matter expertise on total reward programs and provide guidance to the broader HR team and Line Managers in the interpretation and application of guidelines and practices. You will support strategic compensation decisions and program design through research and value-added analytics to enable well-crafted and creative solutions that support business objectives. You will also play a significant role in the set up and optimisation of a new HRIS.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Each employee can make a difference at Blue Prism and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goal
- To support the Head of Reward with the development and implementation of an effective reward strategy which represents an appropriate return on investment and successfully attracts, retains and motivates the right people for the business
- To maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Reward programs, Policies, initiatives and practices in order to assist the organisation to be competitive within the global market.
- To provide value-added advice, and creative solutions to the HR Community and wider business in respect of compensation decisions which maintain alignment with the total reward strategy and increase employee engagement
- To participate in and, contribute to, the Annual Salary Review, Long Term Incentive and other Reward processes from planning to execution.
- To work cooperatively with colleagues throughout the organisation in order to ensure the highest standard of delivery and customer experience.
- To manage the research, benchmarking, modelling and analysis of compensation data in support of the development and maintenance of compensation programs and policies to ensure competitive employee compensation
- Support the annual compensation review process
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness through continuous process improvement, automation through RPA, and innovation
- Develop communication materials including plan documents, memos and presentations to increase employees and business leader’s understanding of compensation programs as well as the value of total rewards
- Lead compensation reviews and projects, or participate as core team member in large and complex projects
- To use and maintain appropriate Reward orientated software
Your Experience: Essential
- Progressive experience, including market analysis, recommendations based on quantitative analysis, salary ranges development, and presentation of findings and recommendations to People Business Partners and Leaders
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Finance, Economics or HR) and working towards related designation (CCP, GRP, etc.)
- Strong consultative skills, supporting business needs and collaborative with People business partners
- Proven ability to develop and manage complex reporting, understand statistical information and make clear and logical recommendations based on thorough analysis of the data
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and have strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of job levelling frameworks
- Clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication skills
- A strong process orientation with the ability to develop policies and educate the wider organisation on the benefits of process and policy
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and in a fast paced and high growth environment
- Advanced Excel with the ability to create pivot tables, macro’s and v’lookups to drive data analysis. Intermediate level Word and Powerpoint
- Self-driven, you are willing to take ownership and drive initiatives, you’re not just solving the tasks you are given, you always think ahead.
- Analytic, you know what lies behind the numbers, you can deep dive into issues to find the core of the problem.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with the ability to see and interpret patterns and trend to enable us to be a step ahead and have a strong affiliation with customers.
- Strong knowledge of developing and optimising Reward structures within HRIS (Ideally Workday)
- Able to work with highly confidential data in a sensitive and tactful manner
- Able to communicate highly technical information in a way that non-technical users can understand
- Able to travel to London and other UK venues as required
- Able to deputise for the Head of Reward as necessary
Your Experience: Desirable
- Previous experience of matrix organizations
- Prince or lean sigma qualification would be very desirable
- Workday knowledge – a plus