Blue Prism® is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual with excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and a second European language to join our team of highly skilled support staff. Primarily responsible for providing world class technical support to Blue Prism customers and partners, and will be reporting to the Customer Support Manager. As our global customer base expands, the support analyst may also be required to work shift or on-call patterns to provide support for other time zones.
Responsibilities would involve troubleshooting, analysing technical problems and working with customers and Blue Prism developers to resolve technical roadblocks. You will ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, you will manage communications with customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: • Manage customer support technical issues within our Support System on a daily basis, including verifying issues, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible. • Provide technical support to customers, partners, sales engineers and post-sales consultants via telephone, email and the web. • Reproduce product behaviour to determine the problem root-cause and to find work-arounds and solutions. • Ability to ensure actions are followed-up in a timely manner and attention to detail. • Ability to deal with difficult customer situations. • Coordinate with other teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects. • Author, edit, publish and maintain an on-line knowledge base of known issues/solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in a software support or development role.
- Fluent in German for technical communications.
- A high degree of analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot current Windows operating systems (WinXP onwards)
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks and security, LAN/WAN communication and configurations.
- Exposure to basic programming skills with knowledge of VB /.NET/C# an advantage.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to use Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (eg Citrix, VMware) Desirable:
- SQL programming skills and knowledge of SQL Server.
- Web Development ( eg. java script / HTML / HTML5 / PHP) skills
- Data-interchange development (XML / Soap / JSON ) skills
- Good formal documentation skills
- Experience in support of software products to include derivation of workarounds and fixes.
- Excellent attention to detail with a passion for quality with strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to recognize problems, gather facts, analyse information with strong deductive reasoning skills
- Ability to organize multiple work tasks and prioritize them to meet specific deadlines, work under own initiative and respond to peaks in demand
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand new tasks and ideas and to work well as part of a team
- Possess a strong desire for self-improvement and advancement with a strong and active interest in IT generally
- Must be ambitious and prepared to commit to a rapidly growing company through a period of considerable expansion
- Ability to work constructively together as a team, sharing ideas and resources.
- Be passionate about delivering high quality service to customers and partners, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Fluency in providing Technical Support in German (both written and spoken) desirable