About Blue Prism
Blue Prism is an international publicly listed software company headquartered in the UK. It is undergoing an exciting level of rapid expansion as it seeks to dominate the Enterprise Robotic Process Automation market around the globe. Since its listing on the London Stock Exchange AIM market in early 2016, it has grown its customer base more than threefold to well over 1,000 Enterprise clients with sales revenue, employee headcount and other business metrics also growing at an exciting rate. It has offices in Europe, USA, Japan, Australia and India. In 2019 they have opened a legal entity in Sweden and are now building out a team.
Blue Prism operates a 100% indirect sales model, meaning that all deals are transacted through Alliance & Channel partners, who range from global Management Consultants/Systems Integrators such as Accenture, Deloitte, EY and IBM through to smaller, geographically specific, advisory and implementation partners.
About Robotic Process Automation
As the acknowledged pioneer, innovator and market leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Blue Prism delivers the world’s most successful Digital Workforce. The company’s software robots automate transactions and repetitive tasks common in every large organization while meeting the requirements of the most demanding IT environments, where security, compliance and scalability are paramount. Blue Prism Digital Workers also provide a scalable and robust enabling platform for organisations to adopt best-of-breed AI, ML and cognitive technologies and has emerged as the trusted and secure Enterprise RPA platform of choice for the Fortune 2000 and beyond.
Blue Prism is a best practice Enterprise Software platform that can be configured by business operations teams to achieve a higher level of automation, at significantly lower investment levels and greater speed to deployment than traditional approaches. They have been recognised as a Leader by Forrester, a Cool Vendor by Gartner and one of the top 50 smartest companies in the world by MIT. Forrester estimate this market will be worth $2.9 billion by 2021.
Working as part of a highly driven Presales Consulting team, you will have responsibility for helping to shape the proposition, vision and go-to-market strategy for Blue Prism partners and resellers.
You will have a high level of commercial awareness and an ability to assist the partner in creating a differentiated value proposition. Moreover, this will be backed up by a proven ability to apply solutions consulting disciplines to shaping the overall partner proposition – which is typically wrapped around the Blue Prism product but uniquely complemented by the partner’s own blend of complementary services and technologies - towards success in the marketplace.
You will have a blended hands-on and advisory role in shaping the partner’s internal sales capability across a range of disciplines including product knowledge and training. Your efforts will be supported by repeatable collateral available under the Blue Prism University and part of your role will be to seek to continually refine and enhance the “machinery” supporting this process.
Under an action plan jointly agreed with the reselling partner, you will guide and enable them to achieve certification as a reseller – a measurable and established standard according to our partner certification programme.
The high level objective is maximise the partner’s ability to resell the Blue Prism product successfully, according to a transformational proposition. This will be achieved through a proactive approach to Sales Enablement, training and focussed target account selling to Tier 1 global brands.
An enabling objective is to manage and deliver the implementation of the Partner Certification programme by nurturing your nominated partner(s) towards this standard.
Working closely with the Alliances Director / Partner Manager and the Delivery Enablement Manager, the Partner Solutions Consultant will certify that the partner is equipped with the knowledge, tools and methodologies to effectively sell and deliver Blue Prism engagements and transformational change initiatives.
In turn, this will provide partners with the skills and capabilities to:
- Enable their clients to maximise the value from their Digital Workforce, resulting in strong client references across multiple geographies and industries, and advocacy for Blue Prism
- Increase Blue Prism licence yield (upsell) by:
- Ensuring that partners have a mature and effective RPA capability that can both sell and deliver on large and visionary deployments that are transformational in nature, ultimately involving substantial commitments to Blue Prism robot licences
- Delivering faster and more effective Blue Prism adoption across their client engagements – crucially including the cultural adoption required to embed the virtual workforce capability
- Proactively working with client teams to identify new opportunities for growth
- To build trusting and strong relationships with individual stakeholders within partner organisations through your role as a high integrity, highly credible and knowledgeable subject matter expert with a deep and comprehensive understanding of the RPA market environment and the common challenges faced by both clients and partners.
- To directly manage the certification programme for nominated partner accounts, including:
- Working in collaboration with the partner to define a measurable plan for success, using quantifiable metrics that reflect the business drivers and enable the partner to achieve the certification standard
- Tracking and reporting on partner status and progress, and proactively managing the agreed actions documented within the plan
- As part of the above, coordinating with the Blue Prism Delivery Enablement Manager and the Blue Prism Alliances Manager to agree the Blue Prism responsibilities for delivering enablement activities and tracking progress internally against those activities
As well as shaping the certification programme, practical partner support will include:
- Solutions consulting to support large transformational deals
- Mentoring partner Presales Leads (or Solution Architects) on delivering the Blue Prism demo and opportunity assessment collateral
- Providing support and coaching on specific client engagement opportunities – via quality assurance reviews and process deep-dives
- Sharing the latest competitive landscape insights and market positioning messaging
- Continue to enhance, evolve and mature the partner engagement approach by improving processes, tools and templates.
- Ensure interaction between partners and Blue Prism is seamless, and enable Blue Prism resources to be more leveraged.
- A Partner Solutions Consultant will have a strong ability to form and drive corporate and personal relationships.
- Technical skills are not strictly required, beyond the ability to converse at a high level in the merits of different technological approaches, and to understand how to apply them effectively at a solutions consulting (rather than technical consulting) level.
- A background in consulting and/or project management will be beneficial in defining and agreeing a joint plan for upskilling each partner and tracking progress over time.
- The ability to absorb and communicate key sales and market positioning messages will be essential, along with the ability to effectively deliver on core presales activities such as software demonstrations, business process investigation (for assessment of technical fit) and shaping software proofs of concept.
Qualifications and Experience
- Commercial awareness and appreciation
- Understanding of consulting & SI business models and value propositions, as well as experience working in large blue-chip Fortune 500 enterprise organisations
- Confidence in using, understanding and applying software to business situations, as well as articulating the role and fit of different categories of software product
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely
- Demonstrable project management experience, with the ability to influence and deliver through others
- Managing a complex stakeholder environment – ability to build rapport at all levels
- Highly organised and structured thinker with the ability to work consultatively to identify solutions to complex issues and resolve conflict effectively
- Highly entrepreneurial in approach with an ability to spot and react to opportunities to build relationships and solve partner and client challenges using Blue Prism
- Strong team-working ethic
- Ability to work from home
Blue Prism Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.