With global organizations across every industry dealing with accelerated, unanticipated changes and operating with increasingly constrained and distributed resources, there will be no reverting to the older pre-COVID operating models. Organizations need to move forward, working innovatively to re-think and reconfigure how work across the enterprise can be done faster, smarter, cohesively and productively with less.
Common problems large enterprises face today are service constraints due to disjointed data, disparate systems, and manual workflows. These slower legacy systems need to be handled before they drive these enterprises into becoming slow or no-growth organizations.
Intelligent automation (IA) in conjunction with artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics process automation (RPA) technology, is the answer. It’s bringing together workflows in a cohesive, more efficient operation, ensuring governance and compliance and saving time and money for the enterprise. And with SS&C Blue Prism and ServiceNow’s RPA combined services, the process is made even easier.
ServiceNow RPA Integration
Organizations are investing heavily in enterprise software that can improve processes and streamline workflows. This helps them increase efficiencies while reducing costs and increasing revenue.
That means they’re building customer relationships by offering the best user experience. We’re talking about modern, service management solutions powered by intelligent automation that are highly secure and scalable across the enterprise.
SS&C Blue Prism and ServiceNow are market leaders with a shared purpose: to make work much more meaningful for their teams and to drive improved business outcomes through automation. We’ve joined forces to enable organizations to deliver more intelligent digital workflows – because behind every great stakeholder or customer experience is a great process workflow.
ServiceNow and SS&C Blue Prism
SS&C Blue Prism’s Technology Alliance Program (TAP) partners with the best solutions from the ecosystem of technology categories to help enterprises align and scale their intelligent automation with agile connectivity via the SS&C Blue Prism® Digital Exchange (DX) and digital workers.
Our partnership with ServiceNow means users can expect easy customer account creation, seamless connectivity, consolidated tools in a single platform, faster innovation with more control, and a speedy digital transformation.
How Do You Implement Automation in ServiceNow?
ServiceNow offers an integrated and connected set of applications so business users can improve organizational workflows and operations. The Now™ platform enables the building, testing, and publishing of business applications that manage processes and streamline end-to-end enterprise workflows, including finances, HR, security, and even core IT workflows.
These ServiceNow capabilities are combined with SS&C Blue Prism’s intelligent automation – a platform running a smart, multi-skilled, hyper-productive, self-organizing digital workforce – published on the ServiceNow Store and SS&C Blue Prism’s DX.
SS&C Blue Prism’s digital workforce automates repetitive tasks, performing evermore complex business processes. The digital workforce takes over the manual tasks across the front, middle, and back offices, and control centers, with total integrity and up to 150 times faster with zero errors, 24x7. And it’s all done without breaks, distractions, or bias, with effortless scalability.
What Tools Can You Use to Automate with ServiceNow?
There are several ways you can productively integrate ServiceNow and SS&C Blue Prism’s tools to improve your business outcomes. With our software, the creation of automation has never been easier. Users can implement automation flow designer techniques to understand processes better and turn inefficiencies and errors in critical systems into streamlined and secure workflows.
The most important thing to remember is: what is your ultimate goal? What challenges is your enterprise meeting? With that, let’s look at the integrations (a.k.a. skills) available in the Digital Exchange:
- Incident Management Skill implements ServiceNow incident management API, containing five actions for retrieval, creation, update, and deletion of incidents.
- Customer Service Management Skill uses the ServiceNow Customer Service Management REST API interface to let you access the customer service management actions from within the service portal. The API contains 12 actions, including creating and updating cases and consumer records.
- Change Management Skill, with the service catalog API, lets you access the change management configuration and actions from within the service portal. The API contains 31 actions that let the user perform various functions, such as creating and updating a change request and making specific tasks.
- Catalog Skill lets you access the service catalog configuration and actions from within the service portal. It contains 19 actions, such as adding items to the shopping cart, placing orders, and so on.
- OAuth 2.0 is an asset with the features to request and refresh the ServiceNow access token. It enables your applications to access each other’s data without revealing the user’s credentials.
- Major Incident Management Skill lets you access the major incident management actions from the service portal. It contains five actions, including creating and updating major incidents.
ServiceNow RPA Use Cases
Together, ServiceNow and SS&C Blue Prism’s automation capabilities help organizations control costs, centralize data across core business processes, seamlessly connect apps and handle increased workflows with speed and accuracy.
Business procedures can be easily tracked and managed to accelerate decision-making and services for any industry, increasing potential return on investment (ROI) and process efficiency.
Organizations can also drive better customer operations by consolidating tools in a single platform, streamlining operations, and eliminating costly, time-consuming, error-prone activities. Here are some use-case examples of workflow processes improved by automation:
- Contact center/service desk automation – customer experiences are improved by adding capacity to handle increasing workloads; this decreases hold time, empowers agents, and controls costs.
- Service apps for COVID-19 – these can be swiftly connected to applications within the enterprise to support workflows and seamlessly execute business processes in response to COVID-19.
- Pre-fetch 360-degree customer/employee view – enterprise customers’ inquiries can be anticipated and addressed more efficiently to increase customer satisfaction while reducing costs.
- Virtual agent - customer requests can be managed by virtual agents to avoid escalation to human agents and increase containment.
- Automated incident handling - customer service can be improved by increasing automation and efficiencies in customer incident handling, delivered at a lower cost.
- Order processing and fulfillment – the speed and efficiency of operations can be increased by using digital workers to automate order processing, updating, and fulfillment.
ServiceNow and SS&C Blue Prism: Final Thoughts
Today, every business leader knows that the best way to drive the outcomes that customers expect, and the business needs are to innovate much faster and at a lower cost. ServiceNow and SS&C Blue Prism enable organizations to experience this with an enterprise-ready, cloud-capable, intelligent, end-to-end scalable automation integration hub that delivers major cost reductions, increased speed, and operational efficiency.